When we think of holidays, it often involves palm trees and cocktails by the pool. But why not try something a little different this winter and take a ski holiday. Need more convincing? Here are 5 reasons to try it out.
1. Skiing is great fun and easy to pick up. Whether you are an experienced skier or a complete beginner it can be fun for everyone. You get to enjoy the fresh mountain air and release everyday stresses with a quick adrenaline rush, as you whizz your way down the slopes. Neilson have some really great offers on ski holidays, so you can relax and enjoy the fun.
2. You get to exercise whilst on holiday. Holidays are renowned for over indulging on deserts, buffet dinners and cocktails. We end up coming home needing to go on a diet and or spend some serious time at the gym. Skiing holidays are probably the only holidays you go on where you come back having lost weight, all the whilst still eating up a storm. Skiing burns so many calories but without feeling like you are doing exercise, just because it’s so much fun. Not only that skiing is also known to tone the legs, abs and butt whilst also improving your cardiovascular fitness. So really it’s the perfect exercise.
3. You get to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery and breathe in the cleanest air. Yes beaches are nice but are pretty spectacular too. A skiing holiday offers you the perfect opportunity to re connect with nature and be humbled by the shear beauty of snow peaked landscapes.
4. It doesn’t just have to be about skiing. Mountain towns come to life during ski season so there is plenty to do besides hitting the slopes. Enjoy some drinks and live music down at the local pub, or sit back and relax in a hot tub spa. Lots of ski resorts offer great spa facilities, so after a long day up the mountain you can treat yourself to relaxing massage.
5. You get to meet lots of new people. One of the easiest ways to make new friends is by sharing a common hobby or sport. Skiing is one of those sports that has a huge sense of community and people do it for a lifetime. You never know who you’ll end up chatting away to on the chair lift, or sitting down to have lunch with up the mountain only to become life long friends. .